Built-in Bookcases (Update 2)

Hubby worked so hard this weekend to make a lot of headway on our bookcases.  (Read about our progress last week here)  We want this project to move quickly so we don't lose our precious playroom area for the bulk of the cold weather.  He did a load of pre-planning (something neither of us are generally very good at) and it is paying off.  There have been a few snags along the way and a lot of rethinking but overall, I think these will be our best built-ins yet. 

Here's where we were before with Ikea shelves and the old TV armoire.  

Then we cleared out the stuff.  

We moved some of the toys to the other side of the room to retain as much playroom space as possible.  There's hubby taking a rest after all of that toy moving!
The rest is in the guestroom next door.  Hope we don't have any unexpected guests any time soon!  We have an embarrassing number of toys!

Then Jim pulled the carpet back.  Believe me, you do not want to put built-ins on top of any carpet.  We've made that mistake before. 
Out came the baseboard, the carpet padding, and the tack strip.  We'll have to restretch the carpet when we get the baseboards back in. 
 Jim then popped the base into place which is a 1'x4' frame.  Jim made this in his shop and brought it in. 
Then he brought in the base cabinet for the back wall.  Unfortunately it didn't fit the first time because the wall was 1/2 inch to narrow at the front.  He remade the base and put it back in.  It was touch and go for a few minutes but everything is fine now.
 Looking good!
I'll have another progress report in a couple of days.  I think I'll be on painting duty before the weekend.